Friday, May 2, 2014

Purple Speedos - You Gotta Have One!

I am so happy to find out that purple speedos are hugely popular. I am not sure whether they are still popular (from way back when during the time I was a competitive swimmer) or if they are newly popular. But I have been told that purple is THE color to have when you hit the deck!

When I was growing up, my entire family was part of the Hueneme Swimming Association. I swam competitively from the age of 5 until I graduated from high school. And I loved it. I loved everything about being a part of my swim team family except the 530am workouts. Brrr!

My best friend and I always HAD to have a purple speedo. She was the first to get a beautiful, bright purple racerback suit. I was immediately jealous. Although my parents had spent a small fortune on red, black and printed speedos, I wanted purple immediately. So, I got one. And from that moment on, we would wear ours until our parents were forced to replace them with another speedo because the chlorine had made them see-through. We would wear 2 suits if we had to, just to have our favorite on top. As you know, this is not good for competitive swimming. Our coach hated it. I am not even sure now why he allowed it. But we did it.

So, here for you I am so happy to list some beautiful and purple suits...and at great prices, too! I know my parents would have loved this first one. It has the black panel. And it will give a nice shape!


For women/girls:

For boys/men:

And don't forget some purple goggles!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment